So, here we got the Sketch oft the new Turbine. We will start with showing you the most interesting changes we made: The Case is in diameter much bigger now. This results of the changes we made on the Combustion chamber, which is designed bigger now. Although we led most oft the shaft mount the same, there are also some changes located there. The combustion chamber isnt screwed with the Diffuser anymore, it lays behind on the bearing seat. As a consequence the sprit supply doesnt run through the diffusor (we made here a diffusor with wedge vanes). What is missing in this sketch ist he oil suppliement. The bearings that we got now, have to be sprayed constantly with a kerosene/oil film, which isnt mentioned in this sketch yet. We will lay tubes there similar to that, which will lead tot he outside through Diffusor blades. Turbine blade and stator are the same as in the old model. We didnt had to create new ones, and we are happy oft hat, because its a lot of work. The shaft is thicker now, which makes it more safe. Now something to the combustion chamber and the spray feed. The sprit will not be sprayed through simple tubes anymore, but redirected with this hook tube and also coverd to another rube. This leads to more turbulence and intermixing in the combustion chamber and as a result oft hat to a better combustion. For now, we will take a short look at the diffusor, we got a sketch here for demonstration. As we said, this is a frontale profile of this part here. And as we mentioned you can see the wedge-shaped blades arranged in this room. It was pretty difficult to find out the right angles for that and we are still not sure if they are 100 percent correctly. We got some comparative values from other turbines, so we think should be fine. Beyond that, the gap between difusor and the housing is smaller now, because it probably was to big in the earlier version. Okay, this is ist he compressor blade. It is milled from a whole piece. Coming tot he case: This one here is a stainless steel pipe, which we processed with lathe from inside and outside. Ist not in ist final version, because we are using a wood part there so it can be spinned at lathe.
This leads us to our next big part, the diffusor. As we already said, these are the blades and here are the vanes. The compressor will be built in here and will then do its work. All in all, this looks way better than the old turbine. In the end, it all will look very similiar tot hat, of course inculding a cover, axis and so on. But these are the parts that we got for now. We know, they are not so many, but you have to consider thats incredibly much work. Just take the difusor: We had to
process it on lathe everything, it is milled from a whole piece. Then we milled the blades and had to mill out the slots fort he vanes. In a next step we had to bend sheet and stick it in here. Then we put it into lathe again and bring it to the right diameter Here in this bearing seat we install the ball-bearing again, they also have the same size as earlier. Still 608. Here we got the ball-bearings which we’ll use. These are special ball-bearings for up to 120.000 RPM or higher. They include ceramic balls in ceramic cage. So, yes, these are are the parts that have for now. Ist not the whole turbine yet, but ist a start. Stay tuned and keep watching.